Today is the 2-year Anniversary of the premiere of Voyage Trekkers!!!
Instead of looking back on the whole damn thing like some sort of clip show, I thought it might be fun to include some of the oldest archival stuff I could find: the very first note from the project, the treatment I sent to cast and crew to convince them to get involved, some early photos, and a shot sheet from the second day of shooting.
- The First Note:
– – –
- The Treatment: Click here to download or view the PDF. One thing I want to stress is that I was really trying to sell the whole thing as a fast, fun, and easy project. The truth was, we were already busy working on a whole bunch of other projects, so the idea of adding a brand new project was a bit crazy. I hope you appreciate the irony of the line: “no big series that ties up all of our free time.”
– – –
– – –
- Shot Sheet of Day 2: So here’s the definition of insanity … three episodes in one day.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 19th, STARDATE 2010
EPISODE 5 – “FABULOUS TECHNOLOGY” (10 AM)
- — Location: Green Screen/Stage
* SETUP 1 – 3 Shot, Open to “Slightly warm.”
* SETUP 5 – Tighter on Logan at door, tries panel
* SETUP 2 – Doctor & Powell
* SETUP 4 – 2 Shot of Captain and Rena. They watch as Powell tries to bypass the door. *Blocking of Captain has to match with Setup 3
* SETUP 3 – Captain Single, enters with gun up* SETUP 7 – Powell falls into frame (digital pan up??), Others gather around him
* SETUP 6 – INSERT of Powell’s hands being electrocuted.* 1 PM – LUNCH *
EPISODE 6 – “BIRTHDAY SURPRISE” (1:30 PM)
— Location : Hallway
* SETUP 1 – Action of Captain and Powell in hall (CUT THIS SHOT??)
* SETUP 2 – Captain enters frame with gun, Powell check communicator.
* SETUP 3 – C.U Of Logan looking at communicator. Blue light.
* SETUP 4 – The “heroes” turn the corner and shoot. And shoot again. Captain says line and moves forward. May need to break into separate shots??
* SETUP 5 – Special TRIPOD DOLLY SHOT. 2 Heroes and 2 Barbarians.
* SETUP 6 – Captain Powell walks over the smoking, dead Cassigar as Powell investigates. Smoke machine.
* SETUP 8 – Closer of Powell as he sits over body. 8A, 8B.
* SETUP 11 – Wide of Powell, Captain, and body. 11A (shoots, winces), 11B (Heroes escape)
* SETUP 9 – INSERT of B-Day Card
* SETUP 7 – Captain investigates corner – 7A, B-Day Cassigar killed – 7B
* SETUP 10 – Captain steps into single – 10A, Captain turns back – 10B
EPISODE 7 – “PHONING IT IN” (4 PM)
— Location: Stage
* SETUP 2 – ** 2A (Long take; maybe split up), 2B (after killing Cassigar, throws gun)
* SETUP 4 – “And now you die!” Smoke machine from damaged ship?
* SETUP 1 – ** 1A, 1B, 1C (Reaction shots), 1D, 1E
* SETUP 3 – 3A (Long take), 3B (Ending tag)
VOYAGE TREKKERS PHOTO SHOOT
…That “Yay!” at the bottom was in fact actually on the shot sheet 🙂
– – –
And finally the first episode that started it all! Thanks so much to all our cast and crew, our fans and supporters, you guys have made this a fantastic two years! Yay.