We’re excited to finally announce that Craig Michael Curtis has secretly been crafting a Voyage Trekkers novella, entitled “Gambit of Chance”, due out this October as an e-book. With this announcement I thought I’d answer some questions you may have about the book (and tease you a bit too).
– How much will it cost? Most likely the e-book will be “Pay what you like.” Meaning that, yes, you can get the book for free. And if you want to pay $5 or $10 that’s certainly fine as well. All proceeds directly support the show.
– How long will it be? We’re not 100% sure yet, but under 200 pages is probably where we’ll end up.
– What’s the story of “Gambit of Chance”? The crew of the G.S.V. Remarkable are sent to a planet embroiled in political turmoil. There, each hero will find their courage tested as they risk to restore the balance. (but yes, hilarity ensues)
– Who is Craig Michael Curtis? He’s a novelist and a writer on Voyage Trekkers (he wrote the Voyage Trekkers Radio Play), but you may know him as General Kang from Episode 7 – “The Clutches of General Kang!”
– Is this Craig Michael Curtis first novel? But of course not! He’s a published author that’s actually written four novels (or five??? errr, I’m a bad friend…). You can check out his author blog and learn more about his other work right here: http://craigmcurtis.blogspot.com/
– Any hints or tidbits on what we might find in the book? “Gambit of Chance” will be the first appearance of many new crew members created for Season 2 of the web series. And because Craig is in the “inner circle” with the making of the show, he’s privy to a lot of details in the Voyage Trekkers universe that don’t always make the five minute episodes, but will help enrich the book.